Thursday, April 29, 2010

Story Time


There Is this Beautiful Place Called Bargain Barn

Since the beginning of time I have loved to go thrift store shopping. When I was a small child my mother would take me for hours yard sailing, to thrift stores , and bargain marts. Needless to say i learned to be very thrifty at a young age. Growing up in San Diego it is hard to not know labels especially if you worked at the Carlsbad premium outlets for over 3 years! Anyway as the story goes I am really really good at finding designer things at thrift stores and I am not going to lie I am addicted to the rush ; ) So when I moved to Santa Cruz the crazy local lady I lived with showed me the ropes and took me to this wonderful place called bargain barn. They had bins and bins full of magical adventures it was like a giant yard sale but cheaper! It is 5 for a bag full of anything and clothing is a 1 dollar a pound!! (well 1.25 now grrrrr.....) I not knowing any better went at 2 in the afternoon not knowing the plethora of wonders that awaited at 10 am when it opened. From then on I have become a competitive bargain barn. My entire house is decorated from things I get at bargain barn, all of my art supplies are frombargain barn , all the dishes I own, all my clothes, and I make a few dollars from it ; )

I went to Bargain Barn today to find things for my Bike class and my Animal class. The bike class is the student taught student lead class. I love being part of it! I think it make me a better teacher as my role in my Action for Animals ESLP Class. I am able to learn from someone who has the same role as me in a different environment. It is good to have role models : ) I didn't find anything for the bike art were making in the bike class : ( I did find lots of house decorations, more cooking supplies for my vegan cooking class, and a guitar that is small enough that I hope I will be able to play! ( I have pretty darn small hands)


Here is a picture of when Giselle and I used to thrift store when we lived together at trailer. It was on of our favorite pass time, thrift store shopping, cooking, tea drinking, moving watching and yard sailing ! Catie was completely correct about the fact I should never show my forehead ; P

No comments:

Post a Comment