Thursday, April 29, 2010

Action for Animals ESLP Class

I am adding the section for in hope of documentation of the work Eric and I have put in to making our class. Everyone loved the yummy treats that we made! the best thing I will have to say is the impromptu raw mouse that was completely sugar free. It was amazing, the details are to come in our cook book but the short version is we blended up dates, coconut milk, a little stevia, sun nut butter, coconut shreds, and fresh orange juice mixed with agarar to thicken. It tastes just like German chocolate cake frosting! We added a little lemon zest and it was surely one of the better deserts I have tasted in my life : ) Later we did a sensory exorcise to open up our senses to really define what a community is and why sense you go through to build community. We then went on to define why community is important and what makes a community. We worked on breakouts Eric showed us some great cooking videos and a video about the how factory farming is the main reason for flu outbreaks. This was a little hard for me to deal with because my sisters best friend died from one of these flu outbreaks back when I was in high school. I don't like to think factory farms value profit so much they are willing to gamble with our lives, it is really very wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment