Thursday, April 29, 2010

Story Time

I like to find old things I wrote and post them ; ) here is a poem I wrote about a year and a half ago called Just Jump. I like this poem because it very much had to do with a lot of inner vies I had with in myself and it taught me the importance of just letting go. I know that I am often very chaotic but we all have our purpose and I just have to let the earth find a place for me!



Trembling in the mists of the worlds greatest power,
she finds herself lost in thoughts of her desires.
She forgives non of her past ventures,
grasping, clasping on to every pain
as she is bawling, crawling closer to the water.
There is an ever growing emptiness that she does seek
as distraught and worry overcome her being.
She is consumed of the thoughts of everything.
Looking at the seen and not the self,
it is to hard for her to see
she only thinks of what she can not be.
Her kindness they speak of,
the only word to describe
feeds the pain in her darkened mind.
Where did her light go,
why did it fail?
She starts running closer, closer to the sea.
Pining for the life that she can not live,
she cries and cries
feeling the end of her retched days.
As the magnificent power she does reach,
she does collapse at the cliffs feet.
She stands brushing off her knees,
how wonderful it would be not to worry about anything.
She whispers
"just jump"
she can jump
She screams
"just jump"
The tears run down her porcelain face,
her eyes so swollen.
"Just jump"
she can't jump
"just jump"
she says "they don't need me."
She wants she needs to kill his confused mind.
"just jump"
She asks "where will this pain be displaced?"
"just jump"
She says falling to the ground
"I can not jump"
"I can not let go"
She turns around and goes
refusing to go back to the only life style she has ever known.

No comments:

Post a Comment