Monday, April 26, 2010

Left Over Casserole

I made something delicious today, it came completely naturally to me, which makes me smile!

I call it Left Over Casserole

From earlier this week when I taught my section how to cook a vegan enchilada casserole I had many left over corn tortillas, and hella enchilada sauce. I also had a bunch of kale left over from the earth summit and carrot ginger soup that I bought for a dollar at the swap meet. I threw it all together like this :

First I laid down corn tortillas and enchilada sauce

Then I made a layer of tofu sour cream spread

I poured carrot ginger soup all over the kale

covered it with corn tortillas, sauce, and thew some nutritional yeast

topped it off with setain and covered it with tin foil

I put it in the oven for 40 mins the last 10 uncovered, let it chill for a while and serve!!

Hope you enjoy


Later that night I decided to try and finish the 5 pounds of kale i had left from the earth summit and made yummy kale chips. They were super bomb and super fast to make.
I just stripped the kale down tosses it with lemon juice, salt, garlic, miso, and hot sauce cooked in the oven on a cookie sheet for 15 min and they were perfect!


I can't wait to add all these yummy recipes to the cookbook my class is making through ESLP!

No comments:

Post a Comment