Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Gluten Free "Cheesy" Garlic Crumpets



I have had a hankering to make a delicious savory gluten free treat for a while. I have a little extra time now that I got to drop my History class !!! So I thought I try this to celebrate : )

This is not for the weak. It helps to have friend who are down to help like I had : )

I modified this recipe to be vegan from a basic English ( as in from England) gluten free crumpet recipe on a blog called blokes who bake

2/3 cup of Rice Flower
1/2 cup of Nutritional Yeast
1/3 cup of quinoa flower
2/3 cup tapioca flower
1/3 cup of daiya cheese
1 teaspoon of salt
3 egg equivalent (I used 2 tablespoons of flax seeds 4 tablespoon of hot water mixed separately with 1 egg worth of egg replacer )
1/2 tablespoon of arrowroot
1 tablespoons of organic powdered sugar
1/2 cup light coconut milk
4 tablespoons earth balance massaged into flour
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar to coconut milk, wisk
1 tablespoon of garlic gomasio seasoning
2 cloves of elephant garlic
1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar


Sift and gently mix together all dry ingredients. Mix in by hand 4 tablespoons of soften earth balance, 3 equivalent egg replacers, garlic, and daiya cheese. Mix coconut milk and apple cider vinegar separately fold in gently until mixed. Baked for 30 min in a 350 degree pre heated oven in a well oiled muffin pan. Let stand for 10 min serve with earth balance or yeasty "cheese" sauce : ) !!

No comments:

Post a Comment